Good product catalogs are an essential component of a successful marketing strategy for businesses. They showcase products effectively, create a professional image, improve the customer experience, increase sales, and support other marketing efforts. A well-designed product catalog can entice customers to buy your products and build trust and credibility with potential customers.
Now that we know why good product catalogs matter, let's dive into how creating better product catalogs in under 60 minutes is possible with the right strategy and tools. Here are some steps you can follow:
Define your audience: Before starting to create your product catalog, it is essential to know who your buyers are. Consider their business size, niche/industry, and what they are looking for. Most times, your buyers will not have the time to sieve through thousands of SKUs. Customizing your catalog according to the most relevant or popular items will help you better appeal to them.
- Gather your product information: Collect all the necessary information about your products, such as product descriptions, features, pricing, and images. This information should be accurate, up-to-date, and compelling to engage potential customers. This one seems like a no-brainer, but it’s important not to miss any information a buyer might need to purchase. Make sure to include the following:
- SKU number
- Product name
- Item description
- Country of origin
- Available sizes
- Available colors or variations, flavor etc
- Wholesale pricing
- Suggested retail pricing (optional)
- Minimum order quantity or prepack quantities
- Sales terms, including general ordering and delivery information
Organize your products: Group your products into categories or collections that make sense to your target audience. This will help them find the products they are interested in quickly. For example, you could organize products by product type, color, size, or price range.
Write product descriptions: Product descriptions play a crucial role in convincing customers to buy your products. Write informative, compelling, and concise descriptions that highlight the unique features and benefits of your products. Use language that resonates with your target audience and highlights the value proposition of your products. If your buyers sell through an e-commerce store, providing good product descriptions will help them sell your products.
Use high-quality images: Visuals are vital in creating an engaging and effective product catalog. Choose high-quality images that showcase your products in the best possible way. If possible, use professional product photography, or use images provided by your vendors. Make sure the images are high-resolution and showcase the product from different angles. Some other tips to note:
- Keep it simple; shoot on a white or neutral background with consistent lighting
- Don’t clutter the background; keep your products the star
- Crop all the photos to the same dimensions and orientation, so they look cohesive
Now that you have the core elements of a good product catalog, it's time to create your own!
Creating multiple product catalogs for different buyers can be time-consuming and often very manual. We've got you covered - try Trustana's product catalog creator. You can filter specific products and generate customized digital catalogs in minutes – without any design skills or tools.
Once you’ve built your e-catalog, you can share them using downloadable PDFs or interactive links. Plus, any updates you make to your products will automatically reflect in your e-catalog, so you can be sure that your collateral is up-to-date.
Prefer to speak to our experts? Book a demo to find out more!